PCM is one of the fastest-growing value added direct marketers of technology solutions for business, government and educational institutions as well as consumers. We’ve built an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continually changing with the needs of industry. Our rapid growth and expansion has created numerous career and advancement opportunities.
Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCM, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added direct marketer of technology products, services and solutions to businesses, government, education, and individual consumers. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, and 1500 others, PCM offers product and service solutions through field sales, call center, and eCommerce venues. With annual sales of $1.5B+ , 3000 employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM delights in serving small, medium and enterprise level businesses.
PCM is an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Assists with providing problem resolution, analysis, specifications and configurations, coordination, testing, and installation of computer/mobile device based software, peripherals, local area networks (LAN) and other peripheral equipment. May assist with informal training of computer/mobile device users. Assists in the maintenance of asset control and adherence to departmental / system policy directives and maintains the highest level of data security.
Provides first level problem resolution for enterprise/system-wide computer/mobile device hardware, operating system software, application programs, peripheral equipment, and LAN interfaces.
• Within general guidelines, manages priorities based upon severity, workflow, and time constraints.
• Applies system expertise, skills, and knowledge effectively in solving desktop workstation and personal computer, associated equipment, and network connectivity technical problems throughout the Sutter Health user community.
• Works with other Desktop Support staff, Network Engineers, and system/program application personnel to resolve technical issues as required.
• Works with other IS team members to provide timely support services to the user and receive, log-in, document, and close-out trouble calls using the service tracking tool(s).
• Coordinates tasks and activities with other departments/sections and vendors as appropriate or directed.
• Formulates service support efforts based on customer schedule needs.
• Maintains courteous rapport and friendly customer relations; communicates with users at their level of understanding.
• Assists with analyzing and defining specifications for user computer/mobile device requirements.
• Configures and installs new hardware and upgrades to existing user system components.
• Ensures proper configuration and performance of installed computer/mobile devices.
• Coordinates installation of computer/mobile devices and peripherals with vendors.
• Assists with the accuracy and integrity of the asset control process.
Performs installation of approved software on computer/mobile devices, following the standard procedures.
• Coordinates installation of computer/mobile device software with customers.
• Configures and installs software upgrades/fixes or patches.
• Assists with evaluation, analysis and maintenance of computer/mobile devices to meet Sutter Health’s enterprise technical and security standards.
• Under direction and supervision, maintains the proper updates and OS patch configurations.
Qualified candidates will have their A+ certification, experience with software support, troubleshooting, system imaging, hardware break-fix support (i.e. laptops, desktops, laserjet printers), and deployment, and excellent customer service skills in a corporate environment.
We offer an environment for career-driven individuals seeking to make a solid contribution to our company objectives and their own career enhancement. If you want to work in a challenging, performance-based environment and be rewarded for your efforts, then PCM is the place to build your career.
PCM offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K with a company match and medical/dental benefits as well as an Employee Purchase Plan, company sponsored discount programs and paid time off.
PCM is more than an IT provider: we are a trusted technology partner for thousands of businesses across the country specializing in cloud, data center, mobility, networking, security, and software solutions.
PCM: The right technology, delivered!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.